- supplementary material that is collected and appended at the back of a book
- a vestigial process that extends from the lower end of the cecum and that resembles a small pouch
- A section or table of additional matter at the end of a book or document
- A tube-shaped sac attached to and opening into the lower end of the large intestine in humans and some other mammals
- In human anatomy, the appendix (or vermiform appendix; also cecal (or caecal) appendix; also vermix) is a blind-ended tube connected to the cecum (or caecum), from which it develops embryologically. The cecum is a pouchlike structure of the colon.
- The action of regaining or securing compensation or money lost or spent by means of a legal process or subsequent profits
- convalescence: gradual healing (through rest) after sickness or injury
- the act of regaining or saving something lost (or in danger of becoming lost)
- A return to a normal state of health, mind, or strength
- return to an original state; “the recovery of the forest after the fire was surprisingly rapid”
- The action or process of regaining possession or control of something stolen or lost
- The branch of medicine concerned with treatment of injuries or disorders of the body by incision or manipulation, esp. with instruments
- operating room: a room in a hospital equipped for the performance of surgical operations; “great care is taken to keep the operating rooms aseptic”
- the branch of medical science that treats disease or injury by operative procedures; “he is professor of surgery at the Harvard Medical School”
- a room where a doctor or dentist can be consulted; “he read the warning in the doctor’s surgery”
- Such treatment, as performed by a surgeon
- A place where a doctor, dentist, or other medical practitioner treats or advises patients
Vitamins & Minerals Supplments Following Surgery for Ruptured Appendix
– Vit C – build up to 2000mg to 3000mg a day (too much at once can cause diarrhoea)
– Zinc drink in the am, with Vit. C (to aid its absorption) – whilst the drink tastes OK, keep drinking it; when it starts to taste furry, the body has had enough.
– Half a teaspoon of high dose acidopholus powder morning and evening to replace the stomach bacteria which had been stripped due to large doses of antibiotics in hospital to fight the peritonitis
– Iron tablet in the evening, with Vit. C to aid absorption. Zinc and Iron are to be taken 8-10 hours apart since they compete for absorption. Iron is needed to help replace the hameoglobin lost due to blood loss and to rebuild muscle tissue and protein. I lost 4kg of muscle mass in the 11 days between getting sick and being discharged. I also took up eating small medallions of kangaroo meat for dinner and often also lunch and sometimes breakfast for the iron.
Arnica 200c – a surgical dose of homeopathic Arnica to aid in healing. It is placed under the tongue and absorbed.
Staphisagria 30c – a homeopathic
Multi-B Vitamin – with a mean during the day
I found it difficult in the first week to take pills and used powdered forms where possible or crushed the tablets. The iron was yuck when crushed but everything else was fine.
Green Heron on Log
He still will need some recovery time, which will mean more of my time. So, I will be away from flickr probably till the Thanksgiving holiday is over.
Hope everyone enjoys this archive of a Green Heron until I get back and I will be looking forward to catching up then.